Where have I been? Well, life gets very busy and I have found for my sanity I need to take a step back and focus on family and work first. But that doesn't mean I don't love to bake, and Daring Baker's challenges are a great way to do this. This month sounds like a big deal, but it is a lot easier than it looks. I was inspired by a recent find of Prickly Pear puree, so here is my contribution. Lime mousse cake with prickly pear gelee. if you have never had prickly pear, it is a wonderful delicate floral flavor.
The January 2011 Daring Bakers’ challenge was hosted by Astheroshe of the blog accro. She chose to challenge everyone to make a Biscuit Joconde Imprime to wrap around an Entremets dessert.
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 t unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream
- 7 ounces good-quality white chocolate (such as Lindt or Baker's), chopped
- 1 8-ounce packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoons grated lime zest